Latest FaceBook video:
10 Things Your Baby Wants You to Know
- 10 Things Your Baby Wants You to Know is a short video giving parents a glimpse into what a child needs from their caregivers, through the child’s eyes. Since creating 10 Things Your Baby Wants You to Know, we have expanded the project into a variety of different ideas. Such as; 10 Things Your Foster Child Wants You to Know, and 10 Things Your Teenager Wants You to Know. For more information on our 10 Things project, please visit Products.
Turning into Toddlers – Going to the Store
- Going to the Store is a short clip from our Turning into Toddlers DVD. Turning into Toddlers DVD consists of three parts; Dr. Martin describes Circle of Security; Ten scenes which illustrate Circle of Security parenting in everyday interactions between toddlers and caregivers; and ideas that can be generated from the discussion evoked by the questions from part one of the video. In this specific clip the audience is shown the toddler and the caregivers interaction in a store, in their perspective, and how to guide the child based on Circle of Security concepts. For more information regarding Turning into Toddlers DVD, please visit Products.
Listening to Baby – Comforting Baby
- Comforting Baby is a short clip from our Listening to Baby DVD. Listening to Baby DVD is an interactive DVD about the importance of supporting attachment by noticing, understanding, and responding to babies’ cues. The Listening to Baby DVD consists of three parts: The importance of a parent-child attachment relationship is discussed and how parents’ and caregivers’ can appropriately respond to babies; Scenes of real-life interactions between babies and parents show many different, subtle cues babies give to caregivers; and two interviews, one with a doctor and one with a therapist, who provide an introduction to attachment theory and a discussion on intervention approaches. In this short clip from the DVD the audience is shown a mothers sensitive response to her babies crying. For more information regarding our Listening to Baby DVD, please visit Products.
For more video clips from our Turning into Toddlers and Listening to Baby DVD’s, please visit our Youtube page.
Parenting Counts – Your Child Needs to Know You’ll be There
We Got This: Supporting Child Well-Being Video Series
- Dr. Jean Clinton and parenting author Ann Douglas have teamed up to create a video series for parents called “We Got This” to provide parents support during the COVID-19 crisis.
The Repair of Early Trauma: A Bottom Up Approach
- Told to us through the voices of children, this unique animation teaches us that by putting together the seven-piece jigsaw puzzle of ‘Developmental Trauma’, we can understand how a child’s adverse childhood experiences have shaped their emotional world and outward behaviour. Once we understand this, we can then work with a child to help them with their developmental trauma using an innovative therapeutic approach called the ‘Neuro-Sequential Model of Therapeutics’. This model recovers and repairs each part of a child’s brain in a specific, phased and effective order.
Fight, Flight, and Freeze; Teaching The Anxiety Response for Kids – With Farm Animals
- Lil’ Steps Wellness Farm created a short fun and engaging video to teach children about our normal and biological responses to anxiety – using cartoon farm animals!
- Core Teen in collaboration with Spaulding for Children created a comprehensive set of videos discussing the importance of parents and caregivers ability to regulate their own emotions when responding to children’s needs and behaviours; Adolescent behaviour through a trauma informed lens; Parental adaptation in meeting the needs of adolescents in care; The impact of stress and trauma on the developing brain; The healing power of relationship development; and adolescent sexual orientation, gender, identity, and expression.
- Dr. Bruce Perry and the Neurosequential Network developed a series of videos discussing the neurological functioning of the brain in relation to stress and trauma. The following brief video is number five in the series and discusses the basics of regulation, the importance of it and the bottom up approach.
The Ultimate Parenting Resource
- Daniel J. Siegel is a Neuropsychiatrist and a New York Times best selling author, as well as a Mindsight Educator. Dr. Siegel is a parenting expert on brain enrichment, cell phones and texting, teen brain development, and parental stress and anger. In collaboration with Kids In The House, he has created short educational videos highlighting important topics, such as: How to Model Good Relationships; Why Teens Choose the Thrill Despite the Risk; Why is Everyone so Addicted to texting; and The Golden Rule to Surviving the Teen Years.
- For more information on Daniel J. Siegel and his work please visit DrDanSiegel.com
- For a list of Dr. Siegel’s best selling novels please visit our Books page.
Family Voices in Early Relational Health – My Baby, My Doctor, and Me
- Sponsored by the Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP), the above webinar focus on the findings of a research project analyzing parental perspectives of foundational relationships and the role of the healthcare system to promote early relational health.